Twinned with Amfreville in France, the village has a local store, post office, butchers and two public houses.
The village has its own primary school, playing field and village hall.
A bus service conects the village to both Barnstaple and Exeter and the Tarka Trail passes close to Dolton.
• From the Helmores office drive along the A377 to Morchard Road
• Turn left on to the B3220 and follow signs to Winkleigh
• Continue through the village and follow the road for circa 5 miles
• Take the left signposted to Dolton and follow this road to the village
• Follow the main road through the village and the site can be found on the right as you leave the village